Supplements for Managing Seasonal Affective Disorder
For many people as days get shorter the absence of sunshine triggers a form of depression call Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). It is an emotional yet true feeling that takes over the way you feel about your day because of seasonal change. For about seven percent of Americans when daylight hours are shorter during the winter that battle of the blues opens the door for depression. Other seasonal tendencies like weaker daylight and colder weather do not help but often make symptoms worse.
Relief can be challenging, but there are natural options proven effective in helping people manage SAD. When making your choice of premium supplements, CebaTek is an expert leader in supplying your dietary needs. Visit our website to learn more about our total wellness approach in manufacturing, formulating and packaging supplements created specifically for you and your needs.
Understanding Seasonal Affective Disorder
Coping with seasonal affective disorder begins with recognizing symptoms that are often typical of depression.
- Weight gain
- Carbohydrate food cravings
- Social withdrawal and
- Lack of interest in things you love
These symptoms show up at a certain time of the year as seasons change and linger throughout your winter. Studies show a biochemical imbalance in the brain that reacts to shorter daylight hours and lack of sunshine during the winter. Your sleep pattern is compromised from longer hours of darkness giving melatonin too much time to produce. This results in producing more melatonin than needed. Sunlight deficiency also drops serotonin levels, a brain chemical that affects mood. SAD suffers battle being tired from too much melatonin production and moody from too little serotonin.
Diagnosis of the illness is often determined based on your seasonal history with depression. A physical exam and medical testing may be needed as well since there is no medical test for SAD.
Treating Seasonal Affective Disorder
Treatment for SAD includes conventional as well as alternative therapies. One is light therapy. Individuals would sit in front of a special source of bright light for 30 minutes to two hours. They would do this therapy when they first got up in the morning. Almost all ultraviolet rays are filtered out so they are safe to use. As an alternative form of treatment, the light box helps turn off melatonin production and puts the body natural rhythm back to normal like it is during summer. Treatment using aerobic exercise is quite effective as well when dealing with levels of depression. These are natural steps you can take on your own to help manage your SAD symptoms.
Supplements That Help Manage Seasonal Affective Disorder
Make Ceba Tek your one place to get all your supplement and vitamin needs. For years their passion for quality health products makes them a company committed to creating supplements and vitamins unique to your needs. Consider these supplements in your natural treatment of SAD.
- Vitamin D makes a connection and increases nerve growth in the brain. It is a mental, healthy brain function. Vitamin D boost your mood to make you feel better.
- B vitamins help with proper brain development and function. B vitamins help make the serotonin hormone which affects your mood.
- St. John’s Wort, an herbal treatment used by Europeans for centuries are effective on mood behaviors and depression.
- SAMe is another supplement that works like St. John’s Wort. It is a molecule found throughout the body naturally. The high levels of SAMe in the adrenal glands, liver and brain is used by many who suffer with depression.
- Omega 3 provides essential fatty acids to help give a healthy emotional balance.
- This regimen of supplements along with a daily antioxidant multi-vitamin allows you to naturally treat and manage SAD.
Visit CebaTek online to place your order and work with one of their consultants to help you create the supplement package that is right for you. Today more than ever, you need an experienced supplement provider that is knowledgeable in supplemental health products and a leader in the industry for over 20 years. CebaTek manufactures, formulates and package their products to ensure quality care from their company to you. Contact CebaTek today for all you and your family’s supplement needs.